Elvis Duran chatted about a recent article he read that revealed 48% of Americans consider themselves to be workaholics! Turns out 58% of office working Americans check their work email after waking up while they are still in bed. While he doesn't consider himself to be a workaholic, Elvis opened up the conversation for his morning show family to come clean about how they found balance in their lives after working-to-the-bone for years. Turns out, we all have a lot of 'work-fomo.' Time for a vacation?
The survey, conducted by OnePoll on behalf of The Vision Council, also found that being a workhorse in the office can affect the health of our eyes with 1 in 3 American office employees spending an average of 9 hours in front of a screen on working days.
If you're wondering whether or not it's time to reprioritize your life, according the nypost.com these are the top ten signs you are a workaholic:
- Prioritizing work before my personal life
- Worrying about work on a day off
- Struggling to switch off or actually working while on a vacation
- Checking emails in the middle of the night
- Being the first person to get to work and last to leave
- Feeling pressured or too busy to take annual leave
- Working through lunch
- Feeling anxious or lost if I don’t check in/know what’s happening at work
- Being told by friends/family I work too much
- Checking emails first thing in the morning
Listen to our full on-air conversation below.
Image source: Getty Images