This guy is throwing MAJOR shade at the Chainsmokers!
YouTuber John Fassold decided to share his (not so complimentary) theory on how the Chainsmokers write their songs. The string of snapchats that he compiled into a single video has been viewed over 3+ million times since it was posted.
John specifies in the caption of the video that he's most definitely "not a fan."
This is his theoretical Chainsmokers formula:
1. Pick three chords, each one step down from each other, and walk your fingers up and down the keyboard.
2. Write some lyrics about how hard life is and what it's like to be in love. Then pick a random noun to repeat a few times throughout the song.
3. Sing like you are suffering.
4. For the electronic music melody, pick some high notes to repeat over-and-over again.
5. If you can't think of anything to write about, pick a random place on a map and pretend you've been there.
😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳
WARNING: There are a few curse words in this video.