I love Christmas ornaments with meaning behind them. Designer trees just don't do it for me. There is nothing more charming to me than years of carefully collected ornaments from travel, crafting and gifts!
We're big game players in my house, especially Scrabble! Things get SERIOUS when the Scrabble comes out, so when I came across Scrabble ornaments on Pinterest.... THERE WAS NO GOING BACK!
Before you try this at home, DON'T take letters from your actual Scrabble game, unless you truly never play. You can buy extra tiles at most craft stores and on Amazon.com.
The best part about this whole project was working with Snow-Tex paint! I'd never used it before and making "snow-like" textures on my ornaments was so cool!
This is a great (AND CHEAP) gift to give to someone, especially when you piece together a word or phrase that has special meaning to them. A guaranteed people pleaser. Chances are you have most of the items you need at home anyway... so get started!
- Scrabble Tiles for crafting
- Card stock paper (or any thick paper)
- Festive ribbon of your choice
- Small paintbrush
- Hot glue gun + glue
- Festive accessories of your choosing. (I picked up some faux greenery and cranberries.)
- Snow-Tex paint
1. Go through your scrabble letters and pick out the words / phrases you want to use.
2. Place your letters on top of thick paper and lightly trace around.
3. Cut the shape out of the paper and "shave" it down a bit. You don't want any paper bits sticking out from behind the letters.
4. Carefully glue your letters to the paper with your hot glue gun.
5. Cut and glue ribbon to the back of ornament.
6. Add snow with paint brush and festive accessories to your desire.